Scottish Health Action on Alcohol Problems (SHAAP) and the Scottish Alcohol Research Network (SARN) invite researchers to submit their research proposals for the 2024 SHAAP/SARN Alcohol Occasionals series.
Last year’s Alcohol Occasionals series was based on the theme of ‘Alcohol in a changing world’ and attracted 532 registrations across the 4 seminars. On Twitter, our live threads were seen a total of 7,484 times. So far, the live recordings have been viewed 379 times.
The 2024 SHAAP/SARN Alcohol Occasionals will be based on the theme of “Transforming Scotland’s Relationship with Alcohol”. We encourage researchers to view this theme in the broadest sense and also ask researchers from other countries to consider how their work could be relevant to changing Scotland’s relationship with alcohol, such as lessons that may be learned from elsewhere.
We are interested to hear from researchers from any discipline who wish to share their research relating to this theme. We welcome presentations from new and early career researchers and/or international researchers. These seminars will take place online and offer researchers a great opportunity to showcase their work to a wide audience.
There will be four seminars in the series, all 12:45pm-2pm UK time:
- Wednesday, 20th March 2024
- Wednesday, 24th April 2024
- Wednesday, 22nd May 2024
- Wednesday, 19th June 2024
- The proposal must relate to the theme (“Transforming Scotland’s Relationship with Alcohol”)
- The proposal should be structured using the following headings: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- Word limit: 300 words (excluding title)
- Ensure all authors have approved the submission
- Provide funding information and a completed conflict of interest form . Applications will not be considered without a completed form.
If you would like to present, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (please copy in email@example.com) with your proposal and an indication of your availability for the above dates. Please also indicate if your research has been published.
With the presenter’s permission we will record and share each seminar recording, and we also write an event report to further disseminate research findings and discussion points from the seminar. Previous event reports can be found on SHAAP’s website: https://shaap.org.uk/downloads/alcohol-occasionals.html.
The deadline for proposal submissions is 5pm, Monday 8th January 2024.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your proposals.